Christ for our Kids (Talking Points for Sunday A.M. 9/2/2012)
According to Ephesians 6:1-4 the Christ centered model for the relationship between parents and their children emphasizes:
- Parents are given authority over their children.
- Parents are to exercise benevolent discipline toward their children.
- Parents are to raise their children to know the Lord.
- Children are to see their parents as a gift from God.
- Children who receive godly instruction will reap the fruits of their obedience well into their adult lives.