Question from Edvard in Montreal:
I have two questions:
1) What podcasts would you recommend and why?
2) If I only had to read 5 books, which ones would you recommend?
1) Podcasts and Why?
There are multitudes of great podcasts particularly in the Christian genre. My subscriptions are limited to preaching and theological teaching. I have yet to find a “conversational” or “show” type podcasts that keeps my interest. I love to preach and love to hear others preach well.
My other criteria would include variety and thought. I tire easily to listening to the same three or four guys over and over. I also enjoy great preachers and teachers who are great thinkers. A lot of bad preaching is covered by pithy sayings and passionate presentations, so I do appreciate those who pay attention to faithful interpretation. That said, here is my list:
I subscribe to three seminary podcasts (this gives me great variety):
Here are my “thinker” podcasts:
2) 5 books you must read (in no particular order):
· Is God a Moral Monster, Making Sense of the Old Testament God – Paul Copan
· Knowing God – J.I. Packer
· Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire – Jim Cymbala
· The Pleasures of God – John Piper
· Any one or all of the following:
o Mere Christianity – C.S.Lewis
o Simply Christian – N.T. Wright
o The Case for Christ – Lee Strobel
Bonjour Ed! Great to hear from you bro.