If you haven't downloaded the new app for my church family (www.libertybaptistchurch.ws) get it this weekend. Three great things you can do with this app:
- You can stay current with what is going on at Liberty through social media and immediate access to announcements.
- You can keep the conversation going all week long. At Liberty Engage you can listen to any sermon you might have missed or one you want to hear again. Something I am really excited about, in a few weeks we will be posting 2 minute video clips from the weekend's sermons that will help you continue to digest truths from God's Word. There is also a link to this blog where you can read articles and share stories, connecting sermon content and Biblical truth to culture.
- Get in the Word. At LBC Engage you will find multiple versions of the Bible as well as a place to journal your thoughts. LBC Engage also interacts, in real time, with Sunday's sermon by cuing you to display Bible verses or content on the screens on your device.
Get LBC Engage for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bibleandjournalapp.liberty2go
The Selfie of God
This Sunday I will be continuing The Walk series (#TheWalk) by talking about Presence. Did you know most of the time the Bible mentions God's presence in the Old Testament the word is actually "face?" For example, Psalm 16:11 says, "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Here are some things I am working on for Sunday:
- God has a selfie.
- God's image gives a whole new meaning to Selfie Sunday.
- We need to be less self-interested and more God interested.
- God knew the dangers of us becoming image driven (Ex. 20:4-6). He knew we would recede into a plastic world full of color but lacking redemptive conversation.
- In God's face there is providential care, fullness of joy, convicting comparison, and everlasting pleasure. We desire all of these things to be true of our selfies, but we can't deliver. This is why most of the motivations behind our "selfie" driven culture are the height of idolatry.
- When we sinned against God we fled from His selfie and became more infatuated with our own.
- God's selfie is ultimately expressed in Scripture, His Son, and His Holy Spirit.
When I Don't Desire God - How to Fight for Joy by John Piper
Selfies, Self-Deception, Self Worship by Josh Philpot
Parents, A Word About Instagram by Sarah Brooks
Moving back to Georgia gave my family and I a better opportunity to attend UGA's annual spring football game, G-DAY. We went for the first time last year and it was a blast. We are going back this Saturday and it looks like the weather is going to be perfect. I can't wait to watch a glorified football practice again this Saturday. Go Dawgs!
Our choir will be sharing this Sunday night at 6:00 p.m. It is amazing how many great songs the resurrection has inspired. I can't wait to hear them. (and the director is a hottie! aka, my wife!)
Eggstravaganza at North Murray
In case you've missed the announcement. We will be having an incredible event, Good Friday at North Murray High School. You could win a Harley! No joke, no catch, requires no cash. Just come and be ready to have a great time. Here is the info.
Have a great weekend. I hope to see you at Liberty this Sunday.